The employee owners of Superior Farms take very seriously our responsibility for the humane treatment of all animals. Humane animal handling in our plants is a top priority and we demonstrate this by:
- Having a veterinarian on staff to ensure that we are handling animals according to the highest animal welfare standards.
- Receiving the highest marks in 10 voluntary audits in 2016 for animal welfare by regulatory agencies, our customers, and other quality assurance certification agencies.
- Establishing procedures and uncompromising standards that exceed USDA requirements regarding animal handling procedures. All actions at our plants occur with USDA personnel on site.
- Having Dr. Temple Grandin, Ph.D. the leading animal behaviorist, help design not only our facilities but also our training program for our employees that handle animals. In early 2016, Dr. Grandin recorded a documentary in our Dixon facility as an example of proper humane animal practices.
- Requiring, for over a decade, a comprehensive in-house training program ensuring that our employees know our expected uncompromising standards that animals are treated humanely.
We are proud of the high standards we strive for and uphold at Superior Farms and our employee owners take very seriously any allegations of wrongdoing.