- 1 lb Superior Farms Ground Lamb
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms (diced)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground oregano
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 cups diced roma tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Add the olive oil to a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add the ground lamb, mushrooms and onion.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, then add the garlic.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, then drain any grease from the pot.
- Add the cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ground cloves and oregano.
- Pour the red wine, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce into the pot.
- Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and chicken broth.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the noodles are tender and the liquid has cooked down.
- Top with the grated parmesan cheese and serve.
As featured on: