American Lamb Caesar Salad
- 1.5 lbs American Lamb blade chops
- 1.5 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/4 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 4 Stalks Fresh rosemary
- 4 Pita Breads
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/4 tsp Olive oil or melted butter
- Ceasar Dressing
- 1 Heart of romaine
- 3 Tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated
- 1 1/2 tsp Tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp Kalamata olives, quartered
- 1 1/2 tsp Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
Instructions for the Lamb: For the Lamb
Trim lamb of any extra fat and remove bones. Pound lamb chops until thin; cut into 4 cutlets. Season with oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper flakes. Place one-half of the rosemary on a baking dish; place lamb cutlets on the rosemary. Place remaining rosemary on top; marinate for 20 minutes. Grill lamb cutlets over high heat for 2 minutes on each side; reserve.
Instructions for the Pita:
Season each side with kosher salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil or melted butter. Place bread onto a wire rack then onto a baking sheet. Toast at 350ºF until golden brown. Reserve for service.
Instructions for the Romain:
Holding the heart of romaine lettuce upright, squirt Caesar dressing the inside and outside of the lettuce. Wrap the dressed romaine heart in plastic wrap tightly to form a cylinder. Refrigerate 1/2 hour to hold its shape.
Instructions for the Salad Mix:
Mix tomatoes, olives, feta cheese and olive oil well.
Place a pita in the center of each plate. Top with grilled lamb cutlet. Cut each head of romaine into 4 equal slices about 1-1/2 to 2 inches thick. Place a romaine round on top of each lamb slice. Top each romaine with the salad mix. Drizzle with remaining Caesar dressing and extra virgin olive oil.