Dukkah-Crusted Lamb Burgers
- Serves: 5
- 8 ounces Australian lamb, ground
- Dukkah (see note) as needed
- Yield: 1 cup
- 2 Tbsp Harissa (see note)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 5 pretzel buns
- 10 apricots, dried, sliced
- 5 oz. feta cheese
- 15 avocado slices
- Form lamb into a patty and grill to rare. Remove from heat and rest for 2 minutes. Crust both sides of burger with Dukkah and grill to medium rare.
- Note: Dukkah is an Egyptian spice blend that includes hazelnuts, sesame seeds, coriander, cumin and black pepper.
Whisk Harissa into mayonnaise until incorporated evenly.
Note: Harissa is a complex North African spice blend that can contain over 20 different spices.
- Toast pretzel bun.
- Spread bottom half of bun with harissa mayonnaise, then top with dried apricot and feta.
- Top with burger, avocado and top bun and serve.
Recipe and image provided by Meat and Livestock Australia; Troy Graves, Eve, Chicago, Ill